Saturday, September 20, 2014

A month in Tuscany day 14 - halfway through feeling like home

One couple left for Monaco early in the morning and another couple took the bus to another hill town and I walked in to Siena with the two new arrivals from yesterday, and Carl who is always game to walk into Siena. As usual I could not help taking some more pictures of the movie like scenery.


Ernie was wanting some Italian black T shirts and I was able to take him to the a store where my sons had bought several.  I then bought a pair of sunglasses to replace the ones that I had lost :(. By this time it was 1:00 and time for lunch, I took them to the same restaurant that we had lunch on the first day at.  I ordered cut chicken? This is what arrived.




It was a very fresh grilled chicken breast sliced over arugula and topped with cheese excellent. Ern decided since I was ordering something that I did not exactly know what it was he would too, and ordered salt cod and chickpeas.


This was quite intensely flavoured and very delicious.  Bri had the sausage pizza


Jen had the Pici (thick pasta) with wild boar sauce, very good was the verdict.



Carl ordered the chicken with fried potatoes, another very good choice.


We walked back through Siena and Carl wanted to go get his daily gelato so I decided to walk back down the escalator to the station, and then I cheated and took a cab back.  I ended up walking 20,000 steps that day so I do not feel guilty.

Everybody met back at the villa and after bread and cheese on the deck I produced dinner. We had roasted peppers and eggplant cooked in a tomato sauce topped with breadcrumbs and Parmesan.


Then I tried to replicate a dish that I had in Rome several years ago, thinly sliced beef cooked quickly then drizzled with balsamic  and served over arugula.



We had this with a green salad and roasted potatoes.



Another great evening on the deck and sadly the last for Rob an Eileen who were heading out the next day early to the next step of their trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment