Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Roast yellow zucchini

At the Farmers Market on Sunday my friends daughter bought some beautiful yellow squash and since she and her parents were coming for dinner she asked if I would cook them for her. I had intended to roast them with parmesan but unfortunately I was completely out of parmesan cheese.  Plan b make a mixture of breadcrumbs and fresh herbs to top them with, but I was completely out of breadcrumbs and no spare bread to make any with.  Plan C it would have to be.


Plan C was a handful of stoned wheat thin crackers wizzed in a small food processor with fresh basil, parsley and some course salt.

I sprinkled this over the top of the zucchini then drizzled with olive oil.



Then I placed them in a 400 oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until the zucchini were cooked through and a little crunchy on the top.


This was very tasty and the young lady that had commissioned it seemed to be happy with the results, they say need is the mother hood of invention or is that lack of ingredients?  Any way time for a little non farmers market shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment