Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Food carts of Vancouver - Slingers

Finally good street food has arrived in Vancouver, last week I saw this food truck parked just around the corner from work on South Granville just by 10th Ave.  I had already eaten so I asked if they were going to be around for a while and I was assured that they would be in the neighbourhood lunch time Monday to Thursday.  So this Tuesday I decided to give them a try.

Slingers food cart
The food cart was called Slingers and they even have a website check it out. The menu was small and both Florence and I decided to try the Slinger's Signature Parmesan on a bun.  It arrived in a couple of minutes in a neat little biodegradable  box, we carried these back to the cafeteria at work and it was still warm enough.



I opened up the box and this is what I saw.

Chicken parmasan

The bun was fresh and soft but not pappy, my only problem was it was quite large and looked very messy to eat, so I cut it in half.


This made it easier to eat, but still messy.  There was a generous amount of chicken breast that was breaded and deep fried.  It was moist and tasty but not at all greasy. The chicken was topped with mushrooms, tomato sauce, cheese and hot peppers.  This was a very good lunch and tasted fresh and full of flavour.  It cost $7.99 and I felt good value for money.  I would recommend lunch from the Slingers food cart and I will be back to try some other menu items. The breakfast menu looks interesting but it is not on south Granville for breakfast.


They advertise that their food is all local fresh and preservative free just the way I like it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gillian,

    Thank you very much for posting about us!
    Please do make sure to stop by for lunch again soon and introduce yourself.

    Kayti and Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slingers was delicious. Plan to eat there again. Hope you manage to meet the bar crowd's late-night needs some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definately a must to try...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best parm sandwich in town!

    ReplyDelete