Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Buffalo chicken and rosemary roasted potatoes

I love buffalo Chicken wings, it is one of my guilty pleasures along with Macdonalds french fries (don't judge me). I was talking about both those things at work today and started to crave chicken wings.  I am trying to eat healthy and chicken wings and fries does not fit into that picture. So this is what I came up with.

Rosemary roasted potatoes (for 4)
4 medium potatoes cut up into bite size pieces
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 sprig of rosemary
Salt

Pre heat the oven to 400.  Put the potatoes into a pot of salted water and bring to the boil and then simmer until the potatoes are almost cooked between 5 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.  Drain the potatoes then toss in olive oil and rosemary and add to an oven proof frying pan.  Heat it up on top of the stove and then put into the oven.




Ready for  the oven
The potatoes will take about 15 to 20 minutes to cook through and get golden and crispy.  Stir about every 10 minutes so that they brown evenly.


While they are cooking in the oven you can cook the chicken

Buffalo Chicken
This will feed 4 people
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon (or more) of franks hot sauce

Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan when it is hot add the chicken breast that has been tossed in salt and pepper and cook on a high until it is golden brown and crispy on the outside and cooked through.

Chicken cooked and golden brown
Just before serving toss in franks hot sauce.

Ready to eat 
Thats it, and the family loved it. Sometimes I think the easier and simpler the dish the more my family enjoys it. I guess I will save the more complicated time consuming dishes for friends on the weekend.

I did add green beans balance out the nutrition.

A balanced good tasting meal
Walking in the door to dinner on the table just over 1/2 an hour

No comments:

Post a Comment