Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Barbecued chicken thighs.

I felt like some barbecued chicken on Saturday night so I made a quick marinade for some chicken thighs.  I used what I had on hand and I was pleased with the results. There were only going to be 4 of us, but at the last minute it morphed into 6, so we had to stretch the meat a little.


Feeds 4 comfortably, 6 in a pinch

8 chicken thighs
1 hot pepper
handful of cilantro
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of honey
6 cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon of chipotle chilli powder
salt and pepper



Add all the ingredients to a food processor, a mini one is best, and wizz until it has created a marinade.  I did everything except the tomatoes first and then added them.


Pour over the chicken.


Mix together and marinade for at least an hour.

Pre heat the barbecue and then turn one side off and put on the chicken.


Cook turning a couple of times until cooked through and crispy golden on the outside, about an hour.  This indirect heat takes longer than direct, but there are no flare ups and the chicken does not get charred.

We had this with my first crop of carrots and new fingerling potatoes from the garden.


As there was not a lot of each, I cooked them together and tossed in butter.  Yum, but no pictures unfortunately, so here is another one of the chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment