Saturday, April 23, 2011

Salmon Salad sandwich

I am not a big sandwich eater, I never pack one for lunch and on the weekend I would be more likely to make a quick soup than a sandwich.  But there is one sandwich I like salmon salad sandwich.  For me this has to be made with canned sockeye salmon and made on a good wholewheat bread.



The left over filling worked well on crackers with a couple more capers as a little pre dinner appetizer.



1 can of sockeye salmon
3 green onions chopped
Juice of one lemon
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1 teaspoon of dried dill (or fresh if you have it)
1 tablespoon of capers (sometimes)

Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.



Toast the bread then a good layer of the salmon mixture top with lettuce of choice.  We had some herb spring mix on hand.


Top with another slice and bobs your uncle.  I do not spread the bread with butter or mayonnaise, because I really do not feel it needs it, and I do not need the extra fat.


Yes we took lots of pictures of the sandwich.  This is my favourite.

Though it was actually too cool to eat outside we were playing at staging food photo's and for once the food was not going cold.  A nice lunch with a glass of cold white wine and some good pickles on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment