Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Party food - Sausage rolls

This could hardly be called a recipe as the only two ingredients are pre-made, but it is delicious, takes hardly any time and makes a great addition to any holiday buffet table.  These would also work very well for taking along to a pot luck.



The key to these is using really good sausages. My favourite are Oyama sausages at Granville island.  They have many different ever changing and always delicious sausages.  Most good butchers will have house made sausages, but if you are struggling to find some then use a good quality Italian sausage. This time I bought lamb sausages and duck sausages, both were delicious.



Pre-made puff pastry (yes I bought a lot of Presidents Choice puff pastry this year)
Really good sausages any type will do

Cut the sheet of puff pastry in half, take the casing off the sausage roll it out until it is the same length as the pastry.


Place the sausage close to one edge of the long side of the pastry, brush the other edge with water and roll up pressing to seal.  Then cut in to about 2" lengths.

 Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 oven for about 15 minutes until the sausage is cooked through and the pastry is golden.

I cooked these earlier in the day, and though I prefer my sausage rolls cold, I know most people prefer them warm.  So I put them back in the oven for a few minutes to heat up just before serving.

I also roasted some of the duck sausages they cut them in to pieces after they were cooked through and served with toothpicks and mustard. Again if you have really good interesting sausages this a great thing to snack on.

There were 4 sausage rolls left over, so guess what I had for breakfast on Sunday morning, oh happy day.





I forgot to take a picture until they were half gone so sorry about the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment