Monday, December 13, 2010

Party food - Roasted prawns

One of the most popular items at a appetizer buffet always seems to be prawns. I much prefer to buy raw prawns and cook them fresh rather than buying pre cooked as they taste so much better. I have taken this method of cooking the prawns from my friend Candy who served them at a recent get together at her house.  It was simple to do, did not require a lot of last minute work (I want to enjoy the party) and most importantly tasted good.



1 package of frozen raw prawns, or you could buy fresh if you are feeling really flush with money.  Defrost  and drain then toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped parsley.  Then lay out on a cookie sheet in a single layer.

Ready for the oven
Place in a pre heated 370 oven for about 5 to 10 minutes, until they have turned pink and are cooked through, but still moist.  Serve immediately with cocktail sauce. I forgot to take a picture right away when I served them, so you will have to excuse the rather messy presentation.  Honest they looked really beautiful when I put them out.

Fast disappearing prawns
These taste fine warm or at room temperature if they last that long.




No comments:

Post a Comment