Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mushroom salad

Mushrooms are one of my husbands favourite foods, if I ask him to pick up a vegetable he will invariably pick up mushrooms, which as neither of my sons will touch them is a bit of a problem.  Tonight I was making Italian sausage pasta and needed a salad to go with it, so I decided to make what I call mushroom salad.


This is easy and quick and as long as you have mushrooms in your fridge, just about everything else is probably there.
Dressing
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of vinegar (I used tarragon vinegar but any good white wine vinegar will do)
1 clove of garlic grated
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoon of mustard (any decent mustard will do, I used a grainy Dijon)

Salad
3 green onions chopped
2 cups of thinly sliced mushrooms
1/2 head of lettuce (I used a red leaf lettuce but just use any type you have)

Mix all the dressing ingredients in the bottom of a salad bowl, then add the mushrooms and green onion.


Toss them together and leave for about 15 minutes and the mushrooms will soak up all the dressing, soften up and then they will release the dressing again.
Softened mushrooms
Then toss in the lettuce and serve, delicious.  It went very well with our Italian sausage pasta this evening. (though not according to my son who did not touch it.)

Finished salad

 

No comments:

Post a Comment