Saturday, September 22, 2012

Curried chicken and grape sandwich

I needed to make some lunch, and there was some left over cooked chicken sitting in my fridge, and a fresh loaf on french bread on the counter, oh happy day.  I am trying to eat a little lighter at the moment in order to lose a few pounds before a big trip, so I wanted to make a lighter chicken salad for my sandwich.  I cut the the mayonnaise in half and substituted plain yogurt.


Chicken sandwich for two

1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of plain yogurt
1 teaspoon of curry powder
1 cup of cooked chicken cut up
About 8 large green grapes halved (or you could use raisons or dried cranberries)
About 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro

Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and curry powder and chicken together and mix.



Then add the cilantro and grapes


Mix gently until they are combined but not mushed.

Pile onto the french bread I served these open face, so that there was a large filling to bread ratio, but it would make a perfectly good filling for a closed sandwich.


I ate this on the deck, enjoying this wonderful indian summer we are having. I suppose you could use all yogurt, or light mayonnaise.  But really I do love mayo, and the light version is just not going to cut it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment