Saturday, September 15, 2012

Grilled herb marinated chicken

Our summer seems to be continuing on and so many excuses for dinner on the deck, last week is was feeding friends and family that just accomplished a good hike in the local mountains. 


I said that I would have dinner waiting for them for when they got back. I decided barbecued chicken legs would make a good main course.  I have a lot of fresh herbs on my deck, so it seemed a good idea to marinate them in a herb and wine marinade, almost like a pesto.


I gathered a bunch of basil, sage and rosemary then wizzed them in the mini food processor.  You could just finely chop them but this is way easier.


Marinade

One bunch of basil
2 sprigs of rosemary
2 sprigs of fresh sage
2 cloves of garlic cut into quarters
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1/4 cup of white wine
salt and pepper



Wizz the 5 ingredients together until you have a mixture about the consistency of pesto.


Add this mixture to a large ziploc bag along with the wine and chicken legs.


Close and mush around to totally surround the chicken.


Place this in the fridge to marinate for a couple of hours or overnight.  Though I have to say the amount of times that I remember to prepare something the night before are sadly few and far between.

Preheat the grill then cook over indirect heat, or you could roast in a 400 oven.


I cooked these for about 45 minutes until they were golden and cooked through.


Simple and tasty, unfortunately there were none left over for lunches the next week, oh well those hikers were hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment