Sunday, March 25, 2012

Quick chicken with lemon and capers

I am always trying to find and create quick tasty  meals that can be cooked after coming home from dinner and this week I came up with a new one which I loved. Sometimes I am on my own for dinner, but I do like to cook a decent meal even if it is just me, this is something that could be easily cooked for one, but this night there was two.


To feed two

2 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons of capers


Wrap each of the chicken breasts loosely in plastic wrap and hit with a rolling pin until they are flat and about 1" thick.  This helps them to cook evenly, quickly and tenderizes them. Then sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.





Heat the olive oil in a large non stick pan and lay the chicken breasts in, when they are brown on one side turn over.


Cook until the chicken is cooked through and golden on both sides.  This only took about 5 minutes, but it depends on how thin you have flattened your chicken breasts.

Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken an add the capers with a little of their juices.  


Place the chicken on a plate, I put mine on top of a bunch of arugala because I love it, but spinach would work too.  Stir the lemon and capers in the pan picking up any of the crusty brown bits and pour over the chicken.


This was quick, easy and very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment