- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of cumin seeds
- 1 cube of ginger, garlic and jalapeno see Rogon Josh recipe (or one garlic clove, 1" ginger and 1/2 jalapeno all finely chopped )
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 small head of cauliflower cut into flowerets
- equivalent amount of potatoes cut in to the same size as cauliflower and boil for about 5 minutes
- 3/4 cup of water.
- Handful of cilantro
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the cumin seeds and cook until they are popping and fragrent.
|I wish this was a scratch and sniff screen|
Add the ginger, garlic and jalapeno pepper. Stir briefly and add the cauliflower and stir often until just starting to brown.
Add the turmeric and stir in so that the cauliflower is coated then add the par boiled potatoes and water (I use the water the potatoes were cooked in)
Cover and cook until the potatoes are cooked through (be careful not to over cook the cauliflower) and all the liquid is absorbed. Toss with some chopped cilantro and serve as a side dish or as part of vegetarian meal, I think Indians do vegeterian almost better than anyone else.