Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Quick chicken and italian sausage dinner

I made this for dinner the other night because I needed dinner for two and had only one chicken breast.  Necessity being the mother of invention, I came up with this simple but actually delicious quick dish. This is not only a quick dish to make, but also a quick post as I do not have many pictures.



1 Teaspoon of olive oil
1 Chicken breast cut into bite size chunks
2 Italian sausages cut into bite size chunks
2 cups of roast tomato sauce (or any other tomato sauce you have on hand)
1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs or enough to cover the top of the dish
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan



Cook the chicken and sausage in the olive oil in a small frying pan, when they are both just cooked remove and place into a small oven proof casserole dish. It should be the size that the meat will just cover the bottom in a single layer.


Pour the sauce on top and then the sprinkle on the the parmesan and panko.  This could be cooked right away or placed in the fridge and pulled out when you come home from work and placed in a 350 oven for 20 to 25 minutes.  I made a small one for just me to eat one night with 2 italian sausages on the bottom and no chicken.  It was ready within 20 minutes of walking in the door which is a good thing when you are working long days.

I do not have any more pictures, so here is a picture I took the other evening of the sun setting from Port Moody







No comments:

Post a Comment