Saturday, July 28, 2012

Grilled chicken marinated in yogurt

Marinating chicken breasts in yogurt helps keep them moist, and when you are cooking with skinless boneless chicken breasts you have to take all the help you can get to keep them from being dry. Since my husband is away for a week back east, I was cooking for myself and was trying to keep it lean, and so I bought two free range chicken breasts and had one for dinner and put the other in the freezer in the marinade for later.


I wanted to add some flavour as well as moistness so I used some garlic and herbs de provance.

For two chicken breasts.

2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of herb de provence (or any other herbs you have on hand)
1 teaspoon of course salt
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
2 chicken breasts.

Combine the garlic, herbs and salt in a pestle and mortar or mini chopper.


Grind up to create a flavour paste.




Add this flavour paste to the yogurt in a ziploc bag.  I put mine in seperate bags as I was freezing one for later.


Add the chicken breast and smoosh it around then refrigerate for up to 24 hours, in my case it got 6 hours.


Pre heat the grill to 400, then turn one side off or to the lowest setting and place the chicken on this side, and cook until just cooked through about 10 minutes.


I had this along with a salad made mostly with tomatoes, cucumber and fresh herbs, I am so happy that summer is here and there is an abundance of fresh herbs on my deck, and it won't be long before I picking tomatoes and pulling up onions! This year I bought a pot of lettuce which has a mixture of leaf lettuce and arugula.


This has been wonderful for making a salad for one, or supplementing bought lettuce for several weeks now, I am thinking I should plant a larger one out next year. I had a few leaves of this as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment