Saturday, July 14, 2012

Aroma Restaurant Port Moody

Aroma restaurant is my new favourite restaurant in Port Moody, and second only to Vj's as my favourite Indian restaurant.  It has taken over the space at 50 Spring Street in Old Port Moody that up to this point has been the home to one unsuccsesful restaurant after another.  Aroma has found the secret, serve really good food, friendly personal service and reasonable prices.  My Father and I went there a couple of weeks ago for dinner and I realised that though I have been there many times I have not posted about it, so I thought it was about time.

To start with we ordered shrimp pakora $11.95


These were lovely fresh plump shrimp marinated battered and deep fried they were very tasty, crisp and not greasy at all.





For our main course we ordered lamb tikka $10.95. This was cubes of marinated boneless lamb sizzling fresh from the tandoor oven.  We also ordered a chicken curry, but unfortunately I can not remember which one, but I do remember that it was very good, as is everything that I have had there.


Instead of ordering rice, we got naan bread.


The naan bread is as good as any naan bread I have had and for me I much prefer this to any rice. In one day and have a go at cooking in a tandoor oven at home, sounds like a party to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment