Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lukes Corner Bar and Kitchen

I work on South Granville and have done for nearly 30 years, so I have got to know it very well and am on first name terms with many of the merchants.  There are so many options for eating out, it is only my wallet and waist size that stop me from eating at a different restaurant every day.  Lukes Corner Bar and Kitchen is situated on the corner of Granville and 14th.  This is a little further up than I usually get on my wanderings at lunch time so I am not sure when this opened, the last time I had noticed it was called the red door.

Any way we went there for lunch on Monday to welcome a couple of new members of our finance team and I was pleasantly surprised with the food.
macho chicken salad,   this was grilled spicy chicken with angry pecans chopped egg crisp salami-prosciutto and an avocado-rocket dressing


As usual I asked for my dressing on the side as I am trying to cut down calories and anyway I find often restaurant add too much.  This was a large plate and the chicken was freshly grilled and still warm. The salad was fresh and crisp with spicy pecans and crisp shards of prosciutto sprinkled through it.  All in all in very tasty fresh lunch.



Helen ordered the pasta special.


I can not remember all the ingredients but it looked very creamy and rich and was topped with my favourite green ingredient arugula. Helen enjoyed this her only complaint was that it could have been a little bit warmer.

Everyone else ordered Their chicken club sandwich which was grilled chicken, prosciutto, avocado and baby arugula with shaved parmesan, hummus on a crusty baguette.


This looked very good and I was quite jealous when it arrived.  One person had it with french fries and the others with the soup of the day.  All agreed it was a very good sandwich but rather messy to eat, not always a bad thing.

I am always glad to find a new option for lunch though I think that their main focus is on the evening bar social scene and they have an extensive beer list. The food was good not over priced with our lunch dishes coming in at between $13.00 and $15.00 but not really cheap either.

No comments:

Post a Comment