Tuesday, February 1, 2011

warm Prawn salad

Last week we had a warm sunny day you could feel spring in the air even though it was late January.  I had a friend and her sister coming for dinner so I felt like making a favourite summer dish even though in fact it is still midwinter.



Sadly it turns out my friend does not eat prawns but any way she enjoyed the salad and dressing and we had a very nice loaf of bread I picked up on the way home. So more prawns for me. This is the same dressing that I have blogged before it is one of my favourites




Dressing
1/2 cup of seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
Juice of one lime (2 if it is not very juicy)
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1" of fresh ginger grated
1 garlic clove grated

Add all the dressing ingredients in a bottle and shake to mix




Salad ingredients
1/2 small napa cabbage
1 romaine lettuce 
1/2 English cucumber thinly sliced
Handful of cilantro roughly chopped
1 red pepper sliced
1 bunch of green onion chopped


Mix all the salad ingredients together in a salad bowl






One bag of frozen peeled prawns tail on defrosted and drained
3 tablespoons olive oil


Heat the olive oil up in a frying pan toss the prawns in it until they are just cooked this takes just a couple of minutes (I was too busy talking to take a picture) add about half the dressing to the prawn stir together and pour all on top of the salad and toss.  Add a little more dressing if needed.


Finished salad
This a wonderfully light fresh salad and the prawns freshly cooked and still warm really add something. (if you eat prawns that is) Well now it is February and spring seems like a long way away back to comfort food I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment