Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pork tenderloin with a lemon sticky glaze

Saturday night My Father and husband were going to "The kings speech" (great movie) as we were going to the early show I needed something quick and using what I had in the house as I was not going shopping.
I did a little research and found this recipe on the Canadian Living website I have adapted it a little as I did not have any limes and it sounded a little sweet for my taste and any way it is almost genetically impossible for me to follow a recipe verbatim.


Marinade/sauce ingredients

1/4 cup  soy sauce
1 tablespoon liquid honey
2 tsp  grated lemon rind
Juice of one lemon

3 green onions cut

2 tbsp  minced ginger root
2 cloves of garlic, minced



1 pork tenderloin cut in to chunks
1 tbsp Olive oil

Mix all the marinade ingredients together


Pour this over the pork tenderloin and marinade for about an hour.


After the pork has marinaded then drain it and make sure it is dry with paper towels then fry in the olive oil until nicely browned.

Then add the remaining marinade and turn down the heat, simmer until cooked through, you may need to add a little water (I did) to stop it from burning.


When the pork is cooked through only a few minutes serve with rice.  This was very tasty and quick, could be a weeknight dinner, if you just marinaded for 1/2 an hour I don't really think it would make much difference.


Quick tasty dinner and a great movie not a bad Saturday night.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. It's really simple and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete