Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sour cream chicken

I am always on the look out for quick and easy (and low fat) dishes to make for dinner.  I saw on Pinterest a recipe for cooking chicken breasts with sour cream on top, which seemed like a good idea, but they had added a packet of ranch salad dressing powder.  I do not like to cook with packages of anything, as then I am not sure how much salt and chemicals I am getting and any way often I do not like the taste.  So I took the idea and changed it up a little.



Feeds two

1 clove of garlic crushed or grated
1/2 cup of grated parmasan cheese
4 tablespoons of low fat sour cream (not no fat)
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Place the chicken breasts in a small baking dish.


Combine the sour cream garlic and most of the cheese and spread over the chicken.




Sprinkle over the remainder of the cheese.


Bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the top is starting to brown.


I served this with some lebanese style roasted cauliflower which shared the oven with the chicken and peas.


Tasty quick and easy dinner on the table in not much more than half an hour and no packets opened.


No comments:

Post a Comment