Saturday, August 25, 2012

Barbecued chicken with a southwest rub

Saturday last week was another hot summer day and I really did not feel like putting the oven on, so the barbecue was fired up yet again, to cook some chicken legs that I had picked up at Hopcotts.  I really like chicken cooked with a spice rub on the barbecue, So I made one up with some southwest flavours.


4 pieces of chicken (2 legs cut in half)
1 tablespoon of chilli powder
1 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
1 tablespoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt.

Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and rub all over the chicken.


Fire up the grill to high with both burners, then when you get it heated up turn off one side and place on the rubbed chicken.


I cooked these for about 1/2 an hour turning occasionaly with the lid down.


I served these with some potatoes dug up from the garden. Unfortunately my vegetable patch is not getting enough sun as some trees have grown over, and so the potatoes are very small, but they were also very tasty.


We also had some local green beans, a very simple fresh delicious meal enjoyed on the deck with a glass of chardonnay, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment