Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ground turkey sliders

I am calling these sliders, because if I had had some small buns, that is how I would have served them, but I didn't so I served them more like a kefta.


This was a quick dinner on a week night, on a beautiful sunny warm day, which we seem to have an abundance of this summer.  I made enough for 4, and as there was 3 for dinner I had enough for lunch one day at work, oh happy day.

1 lb of ground turkey
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
handful of mint
handful of parsley
1/4 cup of bread crumbs
salt and pepper

Combine the onion, garlic and herbs in a mini chopper, or chop by hand until they are finely chopped.


Mix this with the ground turkey and bread crumbs.


Season well with salt and pepper and form in to small patties, I made 8 and two per person seemed to be a good serving.




Barbecue on indirect heat, or you could fry in a little olive oil.


It is important that they are cooked through but not dried out.

We had these with some lovely new potatoes, a cherry tomato salad and sauteed kale and a wedge of lime.  A lovely light meal for these long hot summer days.


No comments:

Post a Comment